Scandi Ground Bushcraft Knife in Sleipner Steel w/ Fine Curly Birch Scales
Designed by World Renowned Survival Instructor and Bushcraft Legend Lars Fält
A very sturdy Bushcraft knife from Casström developed together with Bushcraft and survival expert Lars Fält. The knife is very versatile and ideal for general outdoor pursuits as well as longer expeditions.
The full-tang construction, i.e. the blade goes all the way through the full width and length of the handle, makes the knife very durable and even if the handle is damaged in any way, the knife can still be used without problems. The handle design is straight and ergonomic and fits both big and small hands. The handle is made of selected curly birch treated with a traditional Scandinavian linseed oil mixture. A sturdy and deep sheath in vegetable tanned leather and a leather strap for the handle is included.
- Robust Bushcraft and survival knife developed with survival expert Lars Fält
- Strong tool steel; Durable in hard use such as wood splitting, the edge does not chip or crack
- Scandinavian grind; Easy to carve with and easy to sharpen
- Stylish and durable handle in selected fine curly birch
- Very reliable for both general wilderness and longer expeditions
About Sleipner Steel
Made in Germany by Bohler Uddeholm, Sleipner tool steel was developed to be a better D2. Under certain conditions at high hardness levels D2 can have a tendency to micro-chip. Sleipner offers many of the advantages as a high hardness tool steel like D2 while offering a much more stable edge. It also offer good wear resistance at high hardness levels, meaning it can take and hold an edge quite well. Sleipner has a lower Chromium content than D2, and it is recommended to keep the blade oiled to help resist surface corrosion.